Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

nexstar 6se??

i have recently bought a celestron powerseeker 80 and have had some very nice views on the moon and Jupiter but i am looking to up grade soon to a nexstar 6se has anyone had any experience with this scope and could tell me if you are able to view nebulae as well as planetary observation ??

any help would be great thanks 

I couldn't see any nebulae through my 6SE, I don't think you can see any nebulae with any amateur scope, it is too faint...

Photography of nebulae is possible though although you would need a sturdy EQ mount instead of the 6SE ALT/AZ mount.

Sorry, you are indeed right. I should say: you won't see nebula's as you do on many beautiful photo's posted on this forum (and elsewhere) but you do see a white smokey like appearance of nebula's although very faint...

There are many nebulae that are very interesing and rewarding to view through a 6" scope, especially with the help of a UHC or an O-III filter. Galaxies too if your skies are dark (the filters don't help with those). Some of the planetary nebulae are quite bright.

The detail and colours that you see in the photos will not be there of course and it's mostly "shades of grey" but still fascinating.

thanks think its my next scope as im new to this im struggling to locate most celestial objects! but with this ive been told it has built in finder?

Well, the mount has the GOTO facility.

Some initial setup is needed each time you use the mount to help it acurately find things but they are quite popular scopes.

Archived