SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Small Dobb House

Tinker1947

I wanted to able to move the Dob to its flat slab without have to do it in 2 parts and store it in the Obby, so this is were it lives now fully waterproofed a touch of colour wood preserver to be added it goes in and out on a sack barrow this moves it to the left side of the Obby to a slab, returning the same way it fits on the slab in the storage space and the sack barrow slides out from under the base...a trial run proved to be successful with now real effort required..... 

locked up...

20150922_1700421.jpg

ready to move out...

20150922_1701141.jpg

It looks very waterproof  above the scope, but what about that damp floor, and no vents, apart from the gap under the door!

That damp may/will condense and rise, as/when the shed warms under direct Sunlight?  not a perfect solution to store a scope in. 

Could you add an impermeable sheet under some timber flooring, and two vents, one high, one low, to keep the air flowing, that would be my suggestion, but don't make the floor step to high, as you will have to lift? 

Did you build that yourself or was it an off the shelf purchase (with own construction etc).

Just thinking as similar to my Box Observatory but much neater.

all my own work, mostly from off cuts, the T&G delivered but it was the wrong thickness so they let it go cheap.....

It looks very waterproof  above the scope, but what about that damp floor, and no vents, apart from the gap under the door!

That damp may/will condense and rise, as/when the shed warms under direct Sunlight?  not a perfect solution to store a scope in. 

Could you add an impermeable sheet under some timber flooring, and two vents, one high, one low, to keep the air flowing, that would be my suggestion, but don't make the floor step to high, as you will have to lift? 

The ground is silt it used to be the North Sea, it bone dry and even after heavy rain will be dry the next day, as for sunlight its on the north side of the Obby, the door may get warm first thing in the morning then it loses the sunlight, i do have the rubber roof from the old obby roof to play with, the wall have a breathable membrane clad with T&G so its not 100% sealed, i will though add a air vent on the back wall, that's never gets wet there....thanks for the pointers....

You've got it all covered then, pun intended. I should have added that I have learnt a few pointers myself, having no fewer than 5 sheds in my garden, now down to three as we speak! The damp destroyed two sheds. It takes time to rot away,but lessons learnt for me.

I still have an option to save one of the sheds by replacing the lower half, becoming a more permanent Obsy, but prefer using my Dob tent for now.

I'm also considering upgrading the fittings of a Keter shed by adding extra bracing and coachbolts? I can visualise the plastic shed being used in the future, possibly incorporating a lift of roof?

Archived