NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The International Astronomy Show - Live Broadcast!

Spacedout

Hello All,

If anyone here is planning to visit the IAS coming up in October and fancy meeting up let me know as it would be great to put a face to a name.  Normally I like to go to these shows to just look at all the things I can’t afford but this year I’m going to stick my neck out and try to promote video astronomy a little and more importantly (to me at least) broadcasting.

This year I have permission from the organisers to do a live broadcast from the show!  Naturally this will be dependent on how good the WiFi is but fingers and toes are firmly crossed!  Naturally I will have my laptop to hand and will be happy to talk with people about the software I use to broadcast.  If this does interest you or you’d just like to say hello then have a look out for the loner with a laptop and camera :grin:    

Alternatively if you’re not going but would like a peek then tune into the broadcast and use the live chat to say hello.  If I’m really lucky then I may even be able to have a walk about too so do use the chat if you want to see anything specific.  If it is possible I’ll be more than happy to oblige.

Cheers for now and hope to meet some of you there!

Karl

i will not be there but am extremely interedted in how it goes. We at Sunderland Astro are in the early stages of trying to video our lectures for insertion onto a members only section of the website with a progression to broadcasting them at some stage in the future

i will not be there but am extremely interedted in how it goes. We at Sunderland Astro are in the early stages of trying to video our lectures for insertion onto a members only section of the website with a progression to broadcasting them at some stage in the future

Hello Michael, from what you are saying this would be useful for sure.  Keep an eye on this post for updates and hopefully you'll say hello and ask questions during the broadcast.  If you need to know anything more specific just send me a PM and I'll be happy to help.

Best wishes

Karl

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Folks, 

After many technical problems this morning finally we are now live!  The WiFi is not that strong so the stream is patchy to say the least but I'll take what I can get!  If you are here at the show please come and say hi.  Myself and Johnno are streaming from the Altair Astro Stand bay 34 and I'm using the GPCAM. 

Enjoy 

Archived