NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Dew controller power

Kendrick controllers usually come with a power lead installed which incorporates a fused connector. The fuse is invaluable cos it's too easy to blow the controller board with dodgy or worn dew bands - better for the fuse to go first. It saved my controller two or three times now. Hth :)

The plug is a cigarette lighter type that fits into a 12v ciggy socket on a power tank (or transformer if you run from mains). Use a regulated supply if you go the transformer route - but a 12v leisure battery will do the job in the field - choose a long ah rating (eg 50ah or 70ah) if you want it to last all night and run a mount/cameras/guiding at the same time. :)

Based on years of using Kendrick bands I would argue for buying the fused lead and not bothering with the controller. I run three bands this way and make my own leads from Maplin parts. A lot cheaper than having the luxury of a controller.

No - it is not necessary to use a cigarette type plug and, yes, there are opther options. In fact the cigarette type plug is inefficient compared to the alternative. Check out the diagrams and various options on this site.

http://www.dewbuster.com/orderform-a-standard.html

The owner will make you up anything you want and give invaluable advice regarding everything "dew". A great site with lots of info.

Cleetus

Archived