NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

HEQ5???

Black Shuck

Whilst the mount in this link is titled HEQ5 in the listing the seller does go on to describe it as an equivalent model??

http://tinyurl.com/4l8rjy

Whilst I don't have an HEQ5 and im not too sure, i've got to say it doesn't look like one?? :scratch: and doesn't look anwhere near as robust? Anyone got any opinion??

Cheers

Bill£

It's not even close to an HEQ5.

Handset takes 6 AA batteries :angry: I have a photographic tripod that's better than that one.

IMO it's not even a EQ5 clone (more like EQ3).

Ant

btw, I have a nearly new heq5 PRO for sale....... now isnt that what you REALLY want? :angry: (see for sale board)

I have to say actually, that so far, between the new EQ6 Pro and the heq5 Pro, I prefer the HEQ5. It seemed a lot more accurate than the 6 does.

Cheers

TJ

btw, I have a nearly new heq5 PRO for sale....... now isnt that what you REALLY want? :angry: (see for sale board)

I have to say actually, that so far, between the new EQ6 Pro and the heq5 Pro, I prefer the HEQ5. It seemed a lot more accurate than the 6 does.

Cheers

TJ

Bl**** hell TJ. Don't say that, I've only just bought a EQ6 Pro. I bought it in case my LX90 Mount was rubbish at guiding, and also as a Star Party Rig. I thought they were the Creme de la Creme. :( :?

Ron.

Well its the same software Ron, and I am using the same hand controller. I have to admit, I am out here now, I left the scope parked last night, turned it on, used the attached DSLR as an eyepiece for alignment, and after a quick 3 star gubbins, I requested a stop off at M51 and found it plonked almost dead centre of the dslr viewfinder. Cant ask much more than that I 'spose.

The counterweight bar on the EQ6, if extended all the way, can cause a jump as the mount rotates (RA). I have seen this on other EQ6's too.

I may keep the HEQ5 and use it for smaller scopes in future, or just for wideangle photography, it is exceptionally accurate.

TJ

Archived