My problem is as follows: This hole

5638_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Is too small for this

5639_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

5640_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Any suggestions on how I should go about it?

Plenty of travel when I get it sorted though :(

5641_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

5642_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Cheers

(might paint and flock while I'm at it :angry: )

Jon

I'm no engineer (or even anykind of handyman), so feel free to ignore/laugh at my suggestion. What about using a round file, or is the tube wall too thick?

Martin

I thought the same. :angry:

Just bought a v cheap file (£2) and have spent the last hour filing. :?

Getting there. Slow but sure :(

The focuser arrived! Good stuff Jon. Looks the job and should solve the focus travel issues 8) Good stuff mate. A skywatcher auto focus would fit straight on that one I reckon.

Are you going for the paint and flock?

The focuser arrived! Good stuff Jon. Looks the job and should solve the focus travel issues 8) Good stuff mate. A skywatcher auto focus would fit straight on that one I reckon.

Are you going for the paint and flock?

All EPs now come to focus. :(

Collimation needs some work though :?

Nicely concentric when defocussing out, Of centre going in though. Not convinced the secondary is properly centred.

The auto focus unit sounds cool :angry: Maybe Christmas!

No immediate plan to flock and paint. Maybe when I get the collimation sorted...

Cheers

Jon

Nice piece of work on the TAL Jon, is the focuser shorter than the standard item, have you checked if you can achieve prime focus with a camera?. I can only just with the stock unit so interested to know.

It certainly appears to have plenty of out focus but the tube extends in quite a bit inside the OTA wondering if this will have any effect.

Brendan

Nice piece of work on the TAL Jon, is the focuser shorter than the standard item, have you checked if you can achieve prime focus with a camera?. I can only just with the stock unit so interested to know.

It certainly appears to have plenty of out focus but the tube extends in quite a bit inside the OTA wondering if this will have any effect.

Brendan

Thanks Brendan.

I think it's a tad shorter so prime should be OK. I now need a another adaptor :angry: to connect my t-ring to the focuser before I can give it a try.

There is a lot of tube inside the OTA, this must cut down the light collection. I only need it cranked in for the webcam and prime focus and I only use this on the moon/planets where light collection is not so much of an issue. The EPs focus further out and consequently it's not an issue. Just need to get the collimation Fixed. :?

Cheers

Jon

• 2 months later...

Archived