NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn last night 01.05.08

beamish

here are a few humble efforts from last nights viewing. The slightly larger versions are from an experiment with slight increase in the digital zoom of the w/cam, but all are with an ED 3x barlow on the 8" cape.

5611_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

5612_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

5613_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Karlo

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm reasonably pleased with them. Quite intrigued by the "digital zoom " aspect too. As I say it was just a touch of zoom and had quite a dramatic impact on scale. The seeing appeared to go off as the night wore on.

Karlo

Been tinkering away, hopefully this will be an improvement :angry:

I really like the way the shadow on the rings show up :( So far I think is likely to be my best Saturn capture and learned a hell of a lot in the process.

5651_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Karlo

Karlo,

I reckon you've captured a couple of storms on the planet. There's two slightly brighter patches on the lower part of the planet - well done!

Sam

Karlo, I hope you don't mind but I played with the image a bit to see if the bright spots could be brought out more:

5653_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

I reckon that's two of them in the lower hemisphere.

cheers

Sam

No I don't mind at all Sam, I think you may be right, like to think so at any rate :angry: . Thanks for the comments guys, have to admit to being quite surprised by this last one, I actually gasped :shock: !! You know what - I'm really chuffed with this pic. :(

Can't wait for the nxt opportunity, though have to admit that setting up on the 1st May was entirely off the cuff as I wasn't expecting any decent viewing at all, just goes to show you.

Karlo

Archived