NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Continuoous flaring Activity in AR2403

paulastro

I've just come in to write this having been watching flaring activity continuously from 2.46 - 3.15pm.  It started when flaring activity spread from the E and W extremities  of AR2403 and spread to meet in the middle and formed like a flat hump in the middle - a bit like a kitchen cupboard handle seen side-on.

It was forming what I tend to call a channel of larva between the two main sunspots of AR2403.  It was glowing very brightly indeed and at its brightest was easily seen as the only feature visible when thin cloud temporarily  covered the Solar disk  for a few seconds.  It had passed it's peak by 3.05 but still glowing with less brightness when I came indoors at turned 3.18pm.  I was observing with my Lunt 60mm DS,  It was a glorious sight - and I'm going out now again to see if it's continuing.  If you have a chance, go and take a look - well worth keeping an eye on.  There are also some finely detailed filaments and some nice prominences.

Just been using the AR trialling the rebuild of my 150mm F10 Istar objective PST mod using an internal Triband ERF and a Baader Hyperion zoom. Awesome detailed images right up to maximum power, spoilt only by the strong gusty wind.  :smiley:

Archived