Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Filter wheel 2" filters

seiko

Hi,

I'm looking for a nice, ideally slim filter wheel for my TAK TSA 120. They'll be used for visual (for the foreseeable future) so I was looking to get some 2" filters, moon, Oiii etc. Looking around I see some nice USB powered ones. Do any of these function for visual astronomers etc.

Any recommendations?

• 2 weeks later...

I am not aware of a mechanism to operate the USB powered ones without a laptop, so for visual use I can't see how they would be very practical, unless you use a laptop to observe. There are 2" manual ones - the Birghtstar one already mentioned and 365 Astronomy do a manual 5 position one as well.

Hi

I have an old True Technology filter wheel that takes various filter carousels including an 8 way 1.25" and 5 way 2". The one I have can be operated via a PC or via a standalone hand controller.

Not everyone liked the True Tech wheels, they were quite expensive and had some quality issues but mine has always worked fine. One nice feature is that the unit is hinged so you can change carousels without taking the filter unit off the telescope.

You can't buy them anymore (I think) but one might come up second hand.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived