NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Another M13

kalasinman

thats come out very nice especiallly with no calibration frames! i must have tried dithering with my DSLR the past half dozen times ive been imaging, but gave up as just cant seem to get it working and not wanted to waste imaging time. the results look impressive tho

Very nice! It's worth doing flats and bias frames though :)

Louise

Thanks Louise, as I said bias frames were applied. You see gradients or problems requiring flats? I could apply dbe, I suppose. I didn't see any issues, what am I missing?

Thanks Louise, as I said bias frames were applied. You see gradients or problems requiring flats? I could apply dbe, I suppose. I didn't see any issues, what am I missing?

Opps! Sorry - you did say bias. My bad! I'll have a closer look but flats generally improve an image as well as cancel out dust bunnies etc. If you have no vignetting, no gradients, no dust bunnies then that's fine!

Hiya

Yeah darks aren't always necessary especially with shortish exposures. I just had a look at an M13 I attempted back in March with the qhy8l and 150pds. It's rubbish compared to yours. I'd done 5 x 600s and, apart from the usual streetlight gradient, it was not nearly enough data and the M13 stars were very soft. Presumably I wasn't able to get anymore subs at the time so will maybe have to wait until next March to try again! I did also pick up NGC 6207 though :)

Louise

Archived