Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

DSS query

beamer3.6m

I am trying to use DSS to stack my images and I am not having much success.

I am not sure if I have clicked a setting by mistake as I cannot work out why DSS keeps producing a double image of my star field.

I have re-set the programme to default settings so this should solve things. I assumed that DSS should be able to align the images.

I had originally downloaded the wrong version and it could not read the RAW file but this has now been corrected with 3.4.4 (or whatever the latest is). I have also tried to re-do the stacking on 3 occasions and the same result arises.

Background:

Camera: 1100d

Subs: taken in Raw - 39 x 90secs with no darks or flats or bias frames

My guiding was a little off so I appreciate some star trails may arise and it may not be the best image but...

Result:

M27processedCS2

Any ideas what I am doing wrong.

All the individual subs to me look fine.

I had assumed that DSS would align them anyway. The camera is fixed securely in place and whilst my guiding was off it was not that bad. I could manage a 300sec sub with minimal star trails.

I am very confused.

After register don't go to stack instead cancel (or is it OK to close the dialog but without stacking) then look at each sub's score rating and delete the ones with a poor rating out of the list of sub's.

I read this tip on here last week and it makes great sense and saves me working out the poor subs before going on to stack.

Archived