Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SkySafari 4

Have I got it wrong.....Just downloaded Skysafari 4 on to my android tablet, enabled GPS, expecting the sky map/chart displayed to move around to wherever the tablet is pointing, the displayed map doesn't move, only changes with screen swipes.

It's my favourite app. Prefer it to Stellarium.

I think you can do something in Settings to fix what you want to do.

Edit: if it doesn't, there are other apps dedicated to 'point and find' use. Hope that helps.

Sky safari definitely does have that feature. If you swipe the toolbar to the left, you should see a 'compass' icon. Tap that and it should enable the pointing feature.

Much better than Google sky, sorry ;)

Thanks for your help, a little more digging, sadly my device does not have a compass sensor so cannot support point and see feature, the taskbar compass icon remains hidden if no compass is detected.

Thanks for your help, a little more digging, sadly my device does not have a compass sensor so cannot support point and see feature, the taskbar compass icon remains hidden if no compass is detected.

That's a shame. Hopefully you can still get value out of it as it is.

Archived