First attempt of Milky Way...

Had small portion of chips and a small sausage yesterday.  Superb as always.  Try the Cod.  :grin:

Anyway, I think that my previous post demonstrates censorship in bad way.  Surely, in part, it should be about context and not every use of a word?

Mark

Had small portion of chips and a small sausage yesterday.  Superb as always.  Try the Cod.  :grin:

Anyway, I think that my previous post demonstrates censorship in bad way.  Surely, in part, it should be about context and not every use of a word?

Mark

It's an automatic process in the software - I guess that the software uses a simple list rather than some form of NLP algorithm to perform the "substitution"...  and so it's not "context" aware...

It's an automatic process in the software - I guess that the software uses a simple list rather than some form of NLP algorithm to perform the "substitution"...  and so it's not "context" aware...

Hmm thought so.  Anyway, how come you know so much much about "Removed word" Barton's?  :grin:

I'm a fan of Fish and Chips :) No trip to the South Gower beaches was complete without a visit to DB's

Roma in Penclawdd are very nice as well..... I keep a bottle of Heinz in the car just incase...

Anyway - Back to the Milkyway from Swansea... A nice shot given the LP - If you can head east to Rhossili

Yes, there are many dark(ish) sites in the Gower.  There are many sites near me.  Have been investigating some for my first light.  I could use the area behind my flat, but the houses would obscure any view of Saturn which I MUST see.

It all depends on where I can take my car far from the road and passing headlights.

Mark

Pembrey isn't far and the sand dunes will protect from the worst of the LP from Llanelli, then its back to Richards , and the west cross for a pint!! Mind you the car park overlooking Rhossili is good when its quiet.

Plenty of choice Mark.

Hi Damian,

Yes, thanks dude.  I was thinking about Rhossili.  Limeslade is another good place.  The Coastgaurd station is closed (I think)  The view from the front there is AWESOMLEY uninterrupted.

Anyway, off to make supper of toast before Sky At Night

Nos dda   :grin:

Mark

Dannacat.. I would have been ecstatic if my first MW wide-fields had come out anywhere near yours!!  Being fairly local I know how bad the LP can be..  I'm a  few miles away from Swansea to the NE so it's not quite as bad...

Locally to me they have changed to LED lighting. I  had filters that used to cut the Orange sodium, glow out very effectively  which are useless against the White light from the LED Lights when the grounds wet..

Here's an old pic from The cliffs overlooking Worms head the lights you can see along the coast don't cause too many problems...

wormsheadbymoonlightlandscape800.jpg

Obviously to the east Swansea and the costal fringe and even  the lights from the other side of the channel can show light domes which are  more of a problem especially if there much moisture in the air...

You want to go at least as far west as Pennard/Southgate  for decent southerly MW shots...  This was taken from the NT car park at Southgate... https://flic.kr/p/pVjD7e

Going right to the end gets you much better Southerly views down to the horizon... I still haven't managed to get the shot I am after... The MW rising vertically in the gap between the mainland and the worm...

Peter...

No I'm not mixed up I was going to post a MW shot from Southgate but didn't want to detract from the OP's image you can have a look here  if you like  https://flic.kr/p/pVjD7e  

I like sites I can stay close to the car  ... You loose the low southern horizon if you stay in the carpark at Rhosilli but will drag the kit out to the Clifftop at Rhossili  to get Worms head in the pic

Looking due South , You can get a bit of LP from North Devon at Southgate but by the time you get to Rhossili your west of the "knee" ...

Peter...

Archived