NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sun today

Davey-T

Not a cloud in the sky today so obviously not as much going as yesterday, nice prom forest seems to be dying off and nothing popping up to replace it.

Seeing is pants ATM, Sun looks like a reflection in a puddle :)

Dave

Nice 1 Dave, I was out yesterday morning just with the white light filter on the 127 Mak and I must say that the sunspot I've been watching for the last few days was looking awesome - the area has just grown over that time period and I couldn't believe it yesterday when I set up - the spot had "grown" to a very complex system with detail visible in both the Penumbra and Umbra with four or five connecting features covering a massive area probably several times bigger than the Earth- just breath taking.

Thanks for posting Dave and Regards.

Paul.

Oh Dave I was just about to say how happy I was you have some nice clear skies at last. And it looks like a puddle reflection? :shocked:

I was lucky to get some early clear here despite the forecast saying cloudy and seeing was pretty good for just after 7am. I was thinking it was going to be superb seeing later on.

The seeing seemed to take a pretty sharp nosedive though, it was poor by the time I got the white light kit out after finishing up h-alpha. I think my Herschel Wedge makes the seeing collapse, apologies to all :eek:

You lucky people, the sun is out here but lots and lots of wispy clouds so viewing was not good.

So spent a few hours making a guide scope out of  a Skywatcher 9x50 and a Zwo 120 mm-s camera.

Seems to work ok with PHD and ready to try it out when the nights draw in a little more.

Archived