NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sun this morning and yesterday afternoon -take a look!

paulastro

Blimey, never seen the Sun looking so wonderful  as it did this morning and last evening.  Yesterday evening there were four filaproms and the biggest was magnificent.  With numerous fine filaments, active areas and a detached prom it's got just about everything, take a look if you can.

I was using a double-stacked 60mm Lunt and the large filaprom looked truly in 3-D as it curved round the edge of the disk and developed into a prom. This is still on view and with all the other detail it's a real treat, the dtached prom was still there also at 8am.  I took a few snaps, which I'll process back home this evening, and also did a sketch.  Mind you, neither could posibly do justice to how good it looks through a binoviewer.

If you can take a look - you won't regret it!!

I've had the Lunt 50 and my 100ED with Baader wedge out since 08:30 this morning. Stunning detail in that huge group of spots through the wedge and lots of big activity going on around the limb - a fabulous display :grin:

If I were you Dave I think i'd be tempted to do the housework after dark :grin:

It's been mounting up a bit as I usually pretend I'm gardening but I'm actually in the obs'y at the bottom of the garden doing Solar stuff :grin: 

Dave 

Archived