Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

In love all over again.

alan potts

I have had a range of 100 degree eyepiecs for about 3 years, now lets not get into brands and which is best on this thread please .

I sold my 20mm Nagler some time back because I didn't use my 21mm Ethos thinking that would work, it didn't I just used other eyepieces around this figure, 24mm Panoptic maybe. Was I trying to say I didn't like the 100 degree FOV and not being man enough to admit it, I don't think so, they are stunning eyepieces. It was a similar story down the range I have, reaching for a Delos or Nagler instead.

Anyway, now I have been on the Derek Diet for two weeks and over that period have lost a lot of weight but gained pounds elsewhere. Gone are 17.3 ,14 , 12, 10 and 8mm Delos, gone are 11, 7 and 5mm Naglers.

Now I am going for the Ethos range because of my slimmer of the month cases and it is like being in love all over again, stunning sharp edge to edge fields and so much more Dob friendly than an orthoscopic, not that there is anything wrong with them. I realise that these Mega wides are not for all, some find them hard to use, sadly some can't because of having to wear glasses or indeed they cost too much.

I think sometimes one can have too much or too many of a good thing.

Alan

Tinker,

I have a few tools as well, 5 Hitachi battery drills 5 different saws, and 3 power drills and a good few others power tools, not in your league though. I have a Bosch router but it has never been used as I changed my mind on what I was going to do when I was building.

Do you think there could be something in this, astronomy and the desire to construct?

Alan

I love ulta wide eyepieces but I've little desire or ability to make things !

Maybe I'm an exception that proves the rule though ? :undecided:

I can hear an Ethos SX 4.7mm calling ....... "Alan, Alan, buy me, buy me ...." it's saying :evil:

Er yes it is saying that but I was really hoping you were going to do the Global Mod thing and buy one first. At the moment I just keep looking at the money in my account and have not push the button but I see the day coming.

Alan

Archived