Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

UMa-CVn with hacked Canon PowerShot

First light with the CHDK-hacked Canon Powershot A720IS. 6x40secs, RAW format, ISO2000, 3x40secs dark subtractions, DeepSkyStacker, fixed tripod. I actually shot about 200 light frames, so I will try to make a dark-subtracted movie. Next up, piggyback!

5510_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

That's superb ;) , I did ask L'Missus if I could do it to our A610 and the look she gave me said it all unfortunately...

Tony, the CHDK firmware is non-destructive so you can give it a try without risk to your A610. You simply copy the CHDK version for your camera to the SD card, lock the card, start the camera as normal and it'll read the firmware into memory. To remove it simply switch your camera off, unlock the SD card, restart the camera and it'll load the standard Canon firmware. I've been using it on my G7 for months without problems.

Col

That's superb ;) , I did ask L'Missus if I could do it to our A610 and the look she gave me said it all unfortunately...

Tony, the CHDK firmware is non-destructive so you can give it a try without risk to your A610. You simply copy the CHDK version for your camera to the SD card, lock the card, start the camera as normal and it'll read the firmware into memory. To remove it simply switch your camera off, unlock the SD card, restart the camera and it'll load the standard Canon firmware. I've been using it on my G7 for months without problems.

Col

I know that, you know that, but try and tell that to my wife!

Tony..

Archived