Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SB-4000.. variants??

nightvision

Hi, I was considering buying a used SCB-4000, does anyone know the differences between the models and what the following acronyms mean?

I note some are 4000-P and some 4000-PH, some are 24V AC and others 230V AC.

With or without OVP?

With or without BDA?

Is the camera normally connected to an external 12 volt supply?

Thanks for your help.

Tony.

Hi.havent a clue on the acronyms. .not came across them using samsung cameras.. the 24v ac camera is dual voltage (12v dc) and this is what most video astromers go for..if you have an observatory then the 240ac would be viable using an rcd..davy

The 4000P is the PAL UK version,    shutter 1/50 to 10,000 and frequency 50 Hz....          and the 4000N is NTSC version.  1/60 to 10.000 and frequency 60Hz

I wouldn't bother with the PH as it runs off main's

Tony, if your going to get a Sammy, consider on getting one of these, worth every penny,  so you don't have to play around with the menu buttons on the back of the camera just plug it inline on your video grabber

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CCTV-UTC-OSD-Controller-Inline-Remote-for-OSD-camera-menu-Effio-E-compatible-/301661155682?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item463c67f162

Thanks Johno, I'd seen people talking about those on a Oz forum but they weren't certain they would work with a Sammy; now it's definitely on my shopping list.  I think I am going to need an adapter to connect it to the scope and an external IR/UV filter, it seems the internal filter isn't good and it flips in and out on Mono/Colour day/night switching, 

Tony. 

Archived