Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

AstroGnome

Sixpenny Handley Star Party 2015

Right im done, everything ready to go into the van in the morning.

I will have company this year in the form of Chewie, if anyone coming has a fear of dogs i wouldn't worry, he looks more like a rabbit and thinks he's a cat. Your more likley to drown from the licking then anything else he could do to you. :grin:

He's the one on the right, just in case you were wondering :grin:

post-9689-0-42216000-1444406743.jpg

• Like 2

Right im done, everything ready to go into the van in the morning.

I will have company this year in the form of Chewie, if anyone coming has a fear of dogs i wouldn't worry, he looks more like a rabbit and thinks he's a cat. Your more likley to drown from the licking then anything else he could do to you. :grin:

He's the one on the right, just in case you were wondering :grin:

That's you on the left then?

• Like 2

Funny

This Eagle has landed.... I say Eagle, its more of a dying pigeon

Just setting up, is pretty hazy but not too cold. Already managed to drown Chewie with the hose, whoops.

• Like 1

Forecast looks promising for tomorrow, hope it lasts 'till I get there, wasn't coming until Thursday but may arrive sooner if the forecast is good.

Dave

• Like 1

Weather Channel is forecasting clear frosty nights next week  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:

Dave

• Like 1

I doubt tonight will be any good its 100% cloud cover at the moment. All setup now. Polar alignment will be happening tomorrow i reckon.

Thought my media HDD had packed up but all good so far.

Beers are chilling boy's :grin:

• Like 1

Congratulations Mark on your new arrival we've just finished setting up see you later.

Finally got here just as the sun was setting. Beautiful sunset.

Tent up, bed ready, beans for dinner.

Let the holiday begin....

Hi guys, just a quick question, does the site have a card machine or do i need to bring a cheque book as I had to send a cheque for the deposit.

Dave

Well it's all over now a good time was had as always. A big thank you to Mark for organising. Looking forward to next year. We even came home with a dry tent result.

Back home today after an enjoyable few days. Weather stayed dry, and the end of the week/weekend didn't have the clear skies of the early part, but overall a good time. Thanks to Mark for coordination. Hope we get a few more members pitching up next year.

Allan

Arrived a bit late but still had some reasonable clear skies, good site, as Allan says a few more folks would be nice, just arrived home, three and a bit hours door to door no stopping. :)

Thanks to Mark for taking the trouble.

Dave

Thanks to those very select people who attended this year.

Weather wise it was one of the best we've had. Several very good nights. It was a bit nippy but we only 20 minutes of rain in the whole week. very different from last years hurricane conditions.

I'll post next years dates sometime after SGL XI.

Bye....

• Like 1