NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

21-06-2015 Quark Chromosphere Animation

Ewan

Nothing too fantastic I sad to say, I was aiming to do a lot more but cloud dodging was name of the game.

For what it's worth :-

Anim%201.gif

Anim%202.gif

Anim%20Inverted.gif

They do take quite a while to but looking upwards & onwards.

I think they are great Ewan. I very much like the inverted mono version. The problem with animations is you don't know in advance how much movement there is going to be. With the coloured version, is there a way of bulk processing those or did you colour them one by one? Similarly with he inverted ones.  :icon_salut:

Dave

I think they are great Ewan. I very much like the inverted mono version. The problem with animations is you don't know in advance how much movement there is going to be. With the coloured version, is there a way of bulk processing those or did you colour them one by one? Similarly with he inverted ones.  :icon_salut:

Dave

Sorry I am late Dave but I was very busy with work, capturing , processing etc I forgot all about this.

Yes very difficult to guess where to target but you do get lucky, I am just doing a 190 frame anim of AR2371 going ballistic, not happy with the first instance so I am redoing it, lets just say I wouldn't like to be stood next to it when it flared.

I did do all those frames manually as I haven't got a clue & Gimp is new to me, the problem is PS.

I use Photoshop all the time, I loaded all the files as a stack, aligned but then I couldn't save them out individually which I needed to do to load into Gimp.

Looking into this as we speak.

I use Photoshop all the time, I loaded all the files as a stack, aligned but then I couldn't save them out individually which I needed to do to load into Gimp.

Looking into this as we speak.

You know that there is an excellent alignment procedure in the free Imppg program? Takes just seconds to align a stack.

Dave

Good capture, Ewan. As David wrote, you never know what you'll catch (even better: you can rarely see what kind of movement you're capturing at the moment until you have it processed and animated). I personally like the suprise factor.

As for alignment, ImPPG performs well on this (too bad you had to make breaks in capture):

post-17321-0-21422300-1435133422.gif

You might find GIMP useful for preparing the animation. I open all frames as layers (File/Open as Layers...), then I can use Filters/Animation/Playback... to see what it looks like (you can choose FPS). I can try various cropping/resizing and see the results immediately. When it's ready, I export via File/Export..., choose GIF, check "As animation".

Good capture, Ewan. As David wrote, you never know what you'll catch (even better: you can rarely see what kind of movement you're capturing at the moment until you have it processed and animated). I personally like the suprise factor.

As for alignment, ImPPG performs well on this (too bad you had to make breaks in capture):

attachicon.gifanim.gif

You might find GIMP useful for preparing the animation. I open all frames as layers (File/Open as Layers...), then I can use Filters/Animation/Playback... to see what it looks like (you can choose FPS). I can try various cropping/resizing and see the results immediately. When it's ready, I export via File/Export..., choose GIF, check "As animation".

Breaks in captures ? do you mean day to day or is there something showing in that animation in this topic ?

I am just stacking them all now 50% done, then I will try the IMPPG align feature Dave mentioned.

You need to align in Imppg before stacking.

Edit: I may have misunderstood what you meant. If you mean stacking as in AS!2 then yes do that first. You then align the files in Imppg and then make the animation.

Dave

I am just stacking in AS!2 now, 80% done, then I will use IMPPG, best to process in IMPPG first then align I would have thought as well as the images will be sharper Dave ?

Breaks in captures ? do you mean day to day or is there something showing in that animation in this topic ?

I meant the animation - it seems some of time intervals are increased, e.g between frames 8/9 and 11/12 (I noticed this when scrolling through the GIF in VirtualDub).

I am just stacking in AS!2 now, 80% done, then I will use IMPPG, best to process in IMPPG first then align I would have thought as well as the images will be sharper Dave ?

That's correct. First process your stacks (with ImPPG or other tool), then align in ImPPG for best results.

I meant the animation - it seems some of time intervals are increased, e.g between frames 8/9 and 11/12 (I noticed this when scrolling through the GIF in VirtualDub).

That's correct. First process your stacks (with ImPPG or other tool), then align in ImPPG for best results.

I can only blame the clouds, had the same problem with the one I am working on now with a tree that gets in the way but I had to carry on to grab as much as I could.

Just done the greyscale which I pretty happy with.

Archived