Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Trying to click Milky Way

Friends,

I live in north India. I can't see the milky way with naked eyes. I can only see the black sky. I captured a few shots and tried to bring out the milky way from single exposure, but failed. Tomorrow I am going to a jungle a very little light polluted area near my city. My question is, is it only light pollution which prevents seeing of milky ways from bare eyes or air pollution is also preventing to see it?
According to Stellarium, milky way rises at around 8PM in SE direction.
Should I click multiple shots and stack them?

I have Nikon D3s and 20mm f2.8 lens.
The multiple exposure you take for stacking are the same exposure?

Should I use intervalometer to click 30 sec shots?

Thanks in Advance

Bad smog air pollution, poor atmospheric 'seeing' conditions, too high or too low jet stream speeds, etc can all affect how we observe.

Normally the same exposure setting for a run, however if you want to be creative then you might want some terestrial object to be included in the widefield composition in which case you would change the exposure settings and then combine the shots as layers in PS etc. (I'm only very much playing at this technique at the moment).

Look forward to seeing some of your results.

thanks Steve,

actually I was advised to post the same question in imaging forum and I posted here, later I realised that this is not imaging forum.

Mods pls. can u combine the topics and forward to the right forum. TIA.

Archived