Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

HX916 not conecting to laptop

Spoon

i tried to update the drivers of the BlockIO bit in the text file on the right of the image in my last post but its no longer a BlockIO but a recognised device

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not without driver, won't work with Windows. :)

In your download files click on the Starlight Express download and click on the read me first file and read it, did this all happen ?

Dave

Another problem yay, it's registering now but as soon as I try to connect the camera Via MaxIm, maxim stops responding and freezes

Microsoft HID drivers wonderful, did you do the bit at the bottom of your last screen shot about Maxim DL SX Universal installation ?

You could download APT and see if it works with that.

Are you sure it's going to be clear tonight, looking at the radar it's not clearing any time soon.

Dave

Microsoft HID drivers wonderful, did you do the bit at the bottom of your last screen shot about Maxim DL SX Universal installation ?

You could download APT and see if it works with that.

Are you sure it's going to be clear tonight, looking at the radar it's not clearing any time soon.

Dave

Pretty sure I did. I'll have a quick check

No help at all I know but many years ago I had an HX916. Typical SX at the time - great hardware but awful software. I used an XP laptop then and connecting it was always a palavar. I always had to connect it the same way, every time (and I just cannot remember the routine now sadly but it was over 10 years ago now)  otherwise it was a no go. Once connected it was rock solid (and a damn fine camera!).

So as I said, no help but this is not unusual in my experience.

Good luck

Just an update from me for anyone reading this at a later date.

HX916 will not work with SX universal driver you need to use the SX HX9 USB from the camera drop down in maxim DL set-up .

I have sent Cam all the install files I have for the HX916 and the set-up pages from the manual.

I remember getting such an old camera to connect to newer pcs a bit of a nightmare but once sorted the camera is still a great  performer.

Mike.

Archived