NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First guided stacked pic - Iris nebula

Hi all,

Managed to get my MGEN working well last night and got 8 Lights, six and a half minutes each, iso 800, and five darks.

Stacked in DSS and edited in GIMP and Paint.net. UHC filter attached to my 550d.

Probably needed longer subs (or higher iso) to bring out the nebulosity more, but it's great to post my first 'proper' guided pic. Also used 'seat of the pants' processing, no real strategy, just seeing what seems to work....

Comments and suggestions welcome...

Tim.

MGEN attached to Orion mini guide scope,  

post-35654-0-91129900-1432225038_thumb.j

just one --- suggestion hide your wallet this game can empty it faster that a wife can. shhhhh don't say a word

I already emptied it by buying the MGEN and guide scope. She, and anyone else, is welcome to whatever is left! Lol. 

Geez Tim, Ya picked a toughy to start guiding on :). I had a crack at it a while back and came to the conclusion it needs loads of long subs. You've got some nice nebulosity happening there though....great start :)

Was about to say exactly the same thing Scott! Its quite a difficult one to do, and after five years Ive still yet to get a satisfactory image of it! ....... "I'll get you one day!!" (as he randomly waves fist at sky with vengeful fury)  :D

Hats off for having a crack anyway!

Archived