Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

oiii filter

alro

I have both and they are a bit different and both excellent. The Astronomik's optical quality was evident the other night when splitting the Double Double using the VX10 @ 96x- the filter view was as good as the unfiltered view on this split. The Lumicon is a bit darker giving more contrast on some objects ie Veil, NA neb. In my scope the Astronomik bettered the Lumicon on the Owl neb, Crescent neb etc. You can't go wrong with either one and if obs from LP skies mostly I would choose the Lumicon.

I am wondering if this would work on Sirius.

Interesting thing to do, I have to try it someday.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally |I can't see it helping a great deal because the Pup is so faint compared to Sirius, I think it is about Magnitude 8.4 and of course the Dog Star is sub -1.

Conditions is what Sirius is about, i was splitting this with ease a couple of years back with my 115mm APO :smiley:  but the same scope has struggled for a while only splitting it 3 times in the last year :mad: , all the time the real gap between the two star has grown so should be getting easier not harder.

It's enough to make a grown man cry :eek: . :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived