Super night

Davey-T

Had a quick 15 minutes with bins- but didn't bother setting up the scope as the short darkness & work in the morning put me off.

I need to try and remember that actual midnight is in fact 1:00am during BST so the darkness is really longer than you think at this time of year!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got caught with that as well. After 2am and still pretty dark!

Lovely clear night brewing tonight as well.

Too bad that I am sitting in a depressing conference center on the outskirts of Miton Keynes

Paul

Was clear, now cloud coming over, makes it easier to turn in early.

Yes, I had finally got drift alignment sorted out for the first time ever and the PHD2 graph was looking good :).  Just about to get ready to start imaging and the clouds turned up, frustrating, but a good night practicing, so not a wasted night :)

What a difference a day makes...... Cloudy and rainy here. The only good thing is that the forecasts were correct, and I packed everything away snuggly last night

CO and BBC says clear tonight, with what looks like a 2 hour window of astronomical darkness. As tomorrow's Sunday I can sleep in, so staying up til 1.30 or 2 o/c isn't a problem (Apart from dozing off, that is).

So, what shall I image in 2 hours? Maybe have a look at M101, possibly get some H-alpha while it's getting fully dark then 2 hours RGB? Dunno. It's probably the last clear window before we lose astronomical darkness so I don't want to waste it.

Any suggestions?

Archived