Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Tripod recommendations for skywatcher star adventurer?

palatine

I use an Induro AT413 and find it very good, there are a few different models in their range but probably worth going for the sturdiest.

I tried a carbon fibre Redsnapper tripod before this and found it pretty wobbly too!

The Berlebach Report 2022 (I think) is very nice, affordable but stable and warm to hold!!

I had my starlapse on an Induro 413AT before going to the pier. Very sturdy but they are not that heavy. Basically a Gitzo knock off. Spread the legs out if it feels top heavy.

Griz

Injury I believe is either a Sirui or Benro rebrand. I used a 15 kg rated carbon Sirui (the T2204X) and it was not as stable as the cheaper but far heavier aluminum Gitzo. The Sirui had a center column, I'm sure that contributed to the instability.

Net net, go for the Berlebach Report. Ask for a flat top and 3/8" mounting stud. It's reasonably priced, only a bit heavier than the Gitzo 5532 which costs 3x as much.

An acquaintance uses the Berlebach Report with a Half Hitch FTX and Mewlon 210 and reports it's stable to 400x.

Archived