NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First Light Skywatcher 180 pro Mak

thommo10

• Last Monday I thought I would try my recently purchased Skywatcher 180 pro, I had it all set up on my HEQ5 pro mount, I was using skytrek, well I will rephrase that I was trying to use sky trek, I could not get it to work then found that the finder was so far out I could not capture anything I was anticipating good views of Jupiter but in my haste forgot the golden rule of Astronomy, make sure everything is working and aligned before you observe.

Tuesday night I made sure everything was working and aligned well before hand, when it was dark enough I slewed the 180 around and found Jupiter in the finderscope, looking through my Baader zoom there was Jupiter in all it's glory as I have never seen it before, I zoomed in to 8x with a pollution filter on, I could make out the red spot and the gas clouds, I called my son who has no interest in Astronomy at all, "Wow he said, that's brilliant" he couldn't stop watching it for the rest of the session.

To Sum up what a fantastic scope for Planetary observation, and should complement my 200p very nicely.

Thank you Mark for selling it to me.

Archived