Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help needed broken telescope

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh ok erecting Barlow type of thing.

But still should be able to use scope without having to use that?

Mmmm.. Maybe that's reason they claim f/15 also.. If you can only use with the 1.5x Barlow...

Still wonder about the actual eyepiece size if that's the case

Can't post pictures due to files being too big. I've just tried the erecting eyepiece and that does do the job. As it holds the eyepiece steady in the telescope. I'm still missing the other part but this will definitely do for now so thank you.

Thank you everyone for your help. These are the pictures of what I'm missing so I can go back to the shop now and get his sorted.

And sorry just finally what's the metal bar called that holds the telescope steady when its up. That's the bit that's broken?

post-43848-0-76374100-1428761158_thumb.j

post-43848-0-06323900-1428761168.jpg

Cool so When I go back to the shop I'm asking for 0.965 to a 1.25" adaptor?

If the eyepieces are 0.965 then you want a 1.25 to 0.965 adaptor. I guess the focuser is 1.25" but the eyepieces are not.

Better still you want a scope that matches the specified item you "bought" as the scope is specified as 1.25" eyepieces and it sounds like they have supplied something different.

It appears from what I can make out that they have supplied a 1.25 to 0.965 adaptor and supplied 0.965 eyepiece not the 1.25 items that are described.

If the eyepieces are 0.965 then you want a 1.25 to 0.965 adaptor. I guess the focuser is 1.25" but the eyepieces are not.

Better still you want a scope that matches the specified item you "bought" as the scope is specified as 1.25" eyepieces and it sounds like they have supplied something different.

It appears from what I can make out that they have supplied a 1.25 to 0.965 adaptor and supplied 0.965 eyepiece not the 1.25 items that are described.

Plus they claim its F/15... But that is only with the Barlow you must use..

With many of these scopes its a case of "caves emptor" - buyer beware...

I have a couple of celestron eye pieces that came with the travelscipe I bought think 9mm and 20mm pretty sure I have the 45degree diagonal too, all 1.25" if you want them? Probably equal quality to the ones you received.

Archived