Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

6-04-15 The Sun Returns

Pig

Even though I had a late night last night observing I just had to jump out of bed when a saw some rays coming through the curtains :smiley:

What a sight :grin: 2 lovely proms around the 3 O'clock position :laugh: excellent detail and one of them looks like it has either going to explode or it already has and I have missed it, either way a great to behold on this lovely Easter morning.

These Quarks really do perform fantastically on surface detail, I cannot believe what I am seeing. The contrast is nothing short of fantastic. I am using the 25mm SLV and I am gobsmacked at the detail....please get out and have a look if you can.

In white light the spots are not massive but there are quite a few of them and they too are showing some great detail.

If I get the chance I will try the Esprit with the wedge to see what it delivers. If it is anything like last night views with the stars and planets I am in for a treat.......

What a fantastic 12 hours I have had...... :grin:

I was just doing a chicken dance in the back garden to Mungo Jerry's " in the summertime" and I looked around and the neighbour is looking at me over the fence ....I explained I was so happy to see the sun and couldn't help it :grin: she then proceeded to do the chicken dance too :grin:

Nice report, Shaun, I was wondering if you would have been up late last night observing. I was thinking "Sun is shining, wake up, Shaun!" :grin:

Funny you mention contrast, similar here. I was imaging with the Quark and my 120mm and at times contrast was so good on the lappy screen that I checked the gamma to see if I had forgotten to turn it up (I have gamma low while focusing, as it gives greater contrast and I can see details easier for focus).

Luke, in the other post about contrast, it is the diagonal that is the cause, I just swapped them over and confirmed it with the WO 1.25".

My old one and the WO are better than the stock one that one that comes with the Esprit :laugh:

I was just doing a chicken dance in the back garden to Mungo Jerry's " in the summertime" and I looked around and the neighbour is looking at me over the fence ....I explained I was so happy to see the sun and couldn't help it :grin: she then proceeded to do the chicken dance too :grin:

Can you come down here and do it Shaun, might make the Sun appear  :grin:

Dave

Great news, Shaun :laugh:

I suspect it's similar with my Tele Vue 60, it feels like the Quark is not on full pelt, taking the smaller aperture into account. It has a decent diagonal (1.25 inch Tele Vue) but I just reckon something is off axis. It's not bad by any means, will be interesting to see if that's the case.

Luke, in the other post about contrast, it is the diagonal that is the cause, I just swapped them over and confirmed it with the WO 1.25".

My old one and the WO are better than the stock one that one that comes with the Esprit :laugh:

I sure can Dave but only if you promise to join in :grin: of course I will have to be the lead ..... It certainly worked a treat in Northampton, nothing but glorious sunshine all day and clear skies tonight by the looks of the forecast :laugh:

Stayed out last night 'till the early hours like yourself, Moon was annoying as usual :) but I  was only getting set up for some galaxy hunting / imaging when it goes away, no Sun yesterday or today, forecast clear after 1900. here so probably go out to play again later.

I can only do "dad" dancing, not pretty  :grin:

Dave

Skem,

It all works out in the end, I hadn't seen the sun for quite some time until today....and now its been here for the whole day giving me plenty of time to experiment :laugh: and it was very welcomed.

Archived