Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Firecapture time limit question???

Hi again all:

I have my Jupiter RGB profile set up in Firecapture.  The default time limit settings start off with 30 seconds then 60 seconds. I tried to enter a new setting of 40 seconds, but the space to set this does not highlight or enable me to set the new time limit (????)

Just wondering what I am doing wrong ???

Hoping to get out again soon to attempt some more Jupiter imaging and that SGL members will kindly advise me on this. :confused:

Thank you kindly

Cheers

Roger

Thanks Michael..... my old eyes let me down... (couldn't see the perpendicular in the box to enter parameters)  I have it sorted.. now on 40 seconds.... I'm using the latest version. of this great program and hoping to venture out tonight!

Cheers and thanks again

Roger  :icon_redface:

Just wondering why you are going for a time limit rather than a number of frames?  Most (if not all) cameras can operate at a slightly variable frame rate - depending on quite a few parameters, but mainly the speed at which the computer is prepared to download data!  Therefore timed runs can lead to variable (and sometimes quite low) frame counts.  I realise Jupiter has to be caught "quickly" but a few extra seconds here and there should not make too much difference.  If you are worried then you can derotate in WinJupos.  This can allow for a total capture time of around 10-15 minutes at the extreme - but 5 mins total capture time is probably a more common target.

If using Winjupos restricting to 5 mins rather misses the point of Winjupos so I wouldn't restrict yourself to such a short capture duration. The ability to see any rotation effects will also obviously depend on your image scale. The stacking progs can easily take care of image rotation over a 2.5 min AVI at ~7m FL so I wouldn't restrict yourself too much.

Archived