NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

StarTools, complete package, or not ?

Hi,

I have been looking at this software and looks excellent, but can someone tell me if it is a complete image manipulation package, or not ?

What I mean is, if I stack an image in DSS and then from there to StarTools, will that be it, or is something like Photshop still needed ?

In fact can you stack in StarTools so nothing else is needed...?

Regards

AB

Hi,

I'm hardly an expert as I'm still evaluating this software.  I don't believe that it's possible to stack in StarTools, however from the output of something like DSS you can develop a finished image without resorting to photoshop.

At least that's my belief.

Robin

Hi,

I'm hardly an expert as I'm still evaluating this software.  I don't believe that it's possible to stack in StarTools, however from the output of something like DSS you can develop a finished image without resorting to photoshop.

At least that's my belief.

Robin

Thanks very much for that, that helps, I wasn't too concerned about stacking really, just everything else.

Regards

AB

Hi AB

Startools is an imaging process software only. The images have to be stacked prior to import into Startools. You can import separate LRGB or any combination of HaOiiiSiiHb images as LRGB images.

Startools might look easy with it's simple graphics windows but it is powerful. There are quite a number of tutorials for image compilation on the web and they are a great help.

Ivo at startools is is very informative.

For the price it must be the best value software package on the market. The rounding of elongated stars and star shrinking modules are worth the price of the software alone.

Steve

I registered a copy of Startools some time ago now and never really got me head around how it worked and repeated requests to the author for some sort of manual never materialised.

A few tuts were around somewhere but they were long out of date. I assumed the thinking was that software like this should be intuitive and not need instructions??? maybe my lack of intuition contributed to me not understanding it :tongue: . I`ve never used it since, maybe worth another try!.

Steve

Archived