NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Leo Triplet

Vega

I'm struggling to get long subs with my beast when my targets are so far from the pole. :( I can see a guiding setup on the horizon someday. Anyways I was pleased with what I got out of 30 sec subs. 37x30 secs in all. Took full advantage of a long clear period on the night before new moon :D (I'll never complain about weather timing again!... erm honest)

tn_Leo_Triplet.jpg

250px Newt / EQ6 Synscan with PEC enabled

Canon 400D, ISO 1600, 37x30 secs

Captured/processed in Images Plus

Tweaked in Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro

Thanks for looking

Matt

Thanks for the comments all, I wont say how much time I spent on framing it :(. Lets just say it involved plenty of 10 sec test snaps and fumbling about with the Synscan controller :D

Matt

Very nice Matt!

Ah- the composition technique where you get a stiff neck from checking the camera LCD...know it well.

Makes Live View seem really attractive doesn't it?

Cheers

Mark

Fantastic image - probably my next target. I looked at this through an 18" and Kielder and it looked almost exactly like that photo :shock: - stunning. Blinky will testify to that...

Well captured Matt, and very well framed - worth taking the time to do that. i agree it's not easy...

Andrew

Archived