NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

desk top icon

hello i think this topic may be for the staff is there a desk top icon  we can use to get straight on this site instead of going on the net and going into stargazing loung then onto this site if not will you be sorting a short cut out  in time thanks stephen

You can do it yourself, I've done a couple Facebook and EBay but I can't do it without looking up the instructions. All it does is starts your browser and goes to the site.

You can download various icons or make your own.

Dave

Creating  the shortcut is easy...

Just right click on the desktop - add new shortcut and paste the URL of the page you want to go to into the location box...

Adding a custom icon however .. has me stumped at the moment...

BIAB...

Peter...

They're only bitmaps the right size and .ico extension, a few icon designers on the net.

Use one of the supplied Windows ones then change it at your leisure 

Dave

If you use google chrome as a browser (maybe others too?) you can just drag a bookmark from your bookmark bar and drop it on the desktop. It won't have the proper SGL icon though just a chrome icon with the bookmark name underneath.

Archived