NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher Star Adventurer Incoming...

Tinker1947

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had mine a few months and really impressed with it (first one was duff but changed by FLO) there was some criticism of the Polar scope when used with a ball head but I use the dovetail and filed the slot wider so that the illuminator can be left in situ. useful for checking if Polaris is tracking nicely round the circle while imaging.

Did you file the bar or the illuminator?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well i set it up at 21:30 test image with the 100mm @ 2.8, 800iso 180 seconds looked a bit pale but the stars looked ok, slewed round to the bottom end of Draco it may be 14Dra any way out of 20 X 3 minute subs, all but 3 had some cloud so here's just one 3 minutes,  iso 800, 2.8f give it a bit of DOF ......Modded 600D

lower%20Draco.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I use a Car Phone (supplies 5v) charger, the Tracer Battery has a Cigarette Socket on the end of the power lead, put the phone charger in that and a usb lead to the SA usb socket

something like this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/RAVPower%C2%AE-Charger-iSmart-Charging-Protection/dp/B00Q2GFP4M/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1431590951&sr=8-12&keywords=car+phone+charger

• 3 weeks later...

Last night was a bit of a wash out, waited untill 23:30 any thing more than a minute the histogram disappeared of the right hand side, so out of 12 60 second subs some had some cloud this single one didn't, it Vega with about a 2 minute set-up time including PA.......Modded 600D- 100mm F2 @2.8

Vega2060-800-100mm.jpg

Thanks for this goldmine of a thread. I pressed the order button from FLO for one of these mounts today. Very excited. Planning on using a 200m lens with my 450d to start (off on holiday later this summer) and then use it is a general utility mount for my 60mm APO and grab/go.

• 3 weeks later...

Set-up at 22:00 watched TV till 23:30 run off some 60 second subs, then a single 3 minute and a single 5 minute this took the time to 12:20'ish so the 5 minute had the histogram over to the far right but moving the level's sliders over brought darkness back... Modded 600D, Canon 100mm @ f2.8, ISO 800, 300 sec.....Denab bottom left, Sadr close to the centre....single 5 minute sub...Mounted on a NEQ6 Tripod

cygnus-300-800-100mm.jpg

Archived