Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Quite a big one ....

Christ! :shock:

I have problem. This scope is f/4, 1241mm aperture, focal ratio 4964mm. A 28mm eyepiece in this monster will give an exit pupil of 7mm (better not exceed that, right?) and therefore a magnification of 177x, as its widest useful FOV, although using a 55mm plossl you can access a more friendly 90x at the cost of a great black patch in the middle of your view. If you used say a 28mm UWAN, your FOV wouldn't even cover the moon. Is this at all usable? If your had a pupil of less than 7mm, your max. FOV would be limited even further...

I would give .... quite a lot (!) to get a view through one of those beasts under those kind of skies :(

Andrew

Not exactly Grab and Go is it? Under Ideal conditions, the views are going to be brain boiling. Under UK skies, I fear it is too big. Let's not forget, as well as the huge light collecting ability, the same goes for scooping up all the bad stuff too.

Having said that, I would have it as a shaving mirror. :(

Ron. :D

Talking about Obsession scopes, didn't someone on here buy one recently? I'd be curious to know how it performs. Given the exchange rate, they seem to give at least reasonable value for money (yep, I know about VAT, shipping, etc., but they still look good if they perform as well as the write-ups say :()

Archived