Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Have I made a good choice? Nikon D3200

pipnina

I see a fair bit of talk about Nikon DSLRs in this section, and since my Olympus E-410 was diagnosed with electrical issues too expensive to warrent getting repaired, I got a second hand D3200. (Around £230 including the 4GB memory card I bought with it).

Do you guys reckon I made a good choice with this one? I felt like I needed to upgrade from that E-410 for a while anyway, the dynamic range was absolutely terrible!

Can't wait for the skies to recover from my purchase so I can test it out at night! Until then, I'll have my head burried in the manual!

~pipnina

It is a very recent Nikon release :-)

Will your main use be daytime/usual use or astro?

You might want to test the software you like to use with the raw files the Nikon produces.

I'd be using it for both, really.

Once I've finished the manual I'll test the RAW files out in DSS

Nothing wrong with a Nikon, you could buy a remote so there's no need for a laptop but you get more than 30 second subs should you want to try....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Andoer-Viltrox-Intervalometer-Control-Shutter/dp/B00N3JQW7U/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1427135038&sr=8-14&keywords=nikon+d3200+remote+control

That seems cheaper than I expected it to be. I'll give that serious thought!

Archived