NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Sun - 22nd Mar 2015

David Smith

Clear skies today gave me cause for optimism as I could get back out and do some more solar imaging after Friday's antics :icon_geek:  Little did I know at that point the battle I would be facing to get anything passable! Combination of absolutely horrible seeing and one of those "if it can go wrong it will go wrong days" means I feel quite weary with it all tonight :p The white lights are the product of my third imaging run of the day. The first were just too horrible to stack, the second better but not by a lot and the third - well see for yourself. Suffice to say best I could do under the conditions. EOS Utils decided it did not want me to use live view zoom on my laptop for some reason (seeing was so bad focussing on the camera lcd was next to impossible), AS!2 really did not like my wobbly H alpha video files and then I forgot to shoot any flats for the H alphas :dontknow:

Ah well, at least the Sun was out, I got to catch some rays, the grass got cut and the dog enjoyed some exercise.

16872166266_3b57fbcb9b_o.png20150322 by David_The_Bears_Fan, on Flickr

16710656970_3369b4f36a_o.png20150322mono by David_The_Bears_Fan, on Flickr

16707473150_3ab68f426c_o.jpg20150322_NWQuad by David_The_Bears_Fan, on Flickr

16272515804_3804836ee4_o.jpg20150322_NEQuad by David_The_Bears_Fan, on Flickr

They've come out well, David, worth the hassles.

I feel like I got a mauling today. Sun was pulsing like it had a headache for much of the session. Like a mug I stayed out for a while, when focus snapped in there was good detail. I normally refocus a few times over the session to play safe, but it was one of those days when if it looked like I was more or less there with focus, I wasn't gonna touch it :shocked:

Still catching up on files from Friday (post eclipse!), I look forward to AS2 saying "What the!" to my attempts with the 120mm today :shocked:

Archived