Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron 9.25 Advanced VX - what accessories and where to buy?

Hi all,

As you may have seen in the Mounts forum I'm close to pressing Go on a C9.25 AVX.

1) The best price I have seen is at Telescopeplanet.co.uk.  Has anyone bought from them before?  Good experience?

2) Has anyone seen the C9.25 AXZ packaged with Starsense at a discount?  It's a lot extra to buy right now.

3)  I am thinking of ordering an unheated dew shield.  That should suffice for 2-3 hour sessions, right?

4) The scope comes with a 12v DC charger, I'm guessing that means it's just a car charger.  As I will be in my garden, I'd like an AC power lead, so I'm guessing I need to order that seperately, is that right?  Does this mount need 5 Amps rather than the standard Celestron 2.5amps in people's general experience?

Cheers everyone.

Fish

3) no you will need some sort of heating to keep the dew off as they dew up really quickly. The Astrozap heated dew shield is good.

4) I think that it comes with an adapter not a charger - so I think that means a mains adapter - check if unsure. 

i use a mains adapter most of the time.

Can't help with the first two points.

Peter

I'd do a search on Telescope Planet here on SGL first.

In some conditions a passive dew shield won't suffice for more then ten minutes. The SCT is a real dew magnet. Honestly.

Olly

Point 3

Agree with Olly and Peter - dew forms easily and quickly - astrozap heated shield is great (though only used once so far!)

Regards,

Tony

Thanks guys, very helpful.

One other question I forgot.  I notice the C9.25 only comes with a 1.25" star diagonal.  Can I simply slot in the star diagonal from my SW Evostar 120?

I ask because I've got a 2" Moonfish 30mm 80 degree which I enjoy as a great finder.

FLO looks good, I'll probably get it from there.  Are there any discounts for forum members?  I know several companies sell at a discount to Alfaowner.com  members (I'm also a petrolhead).

The spec definitely says that the AVX only comes with a car charger.  Have any of you managed to find a UK plugged mains adapter?  I'd need the 5 amp type as the draw is 3 amps.

Thanks

Fish

Thanks guys, very helpful.

One other question I forgot. I notice the C9.25 only comes with a 1.25" star diagonal. Can I simply slot in the star diagonal from my SW Evostar 120?

I ask because I've got a 2" Moonfish 30mm 80 degree which I enjoy as a great finder.

FLO looks good, I'll probably get it from there. Are there any discounts for forum members? I know several companies sell at a discount to Alfaowner.com members (I'm also a petrolhead).

The spec definitely says that the AVX only comes with a car charger. Have any of you managed to find a UK plugged mains adapter? I'd need the 5 amp type as the draw is 3 amps.

Thanks

Fish

Not sure but the guys at FLO will provide that sort of advice - Martin is very helpful.

Archived