SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My first Jupiter (with Canon 600D)

xs2man

So, since buying all my gear ready for taking some decent pics, there has been nothing but clouds here. Well, when there wasn't, I have been too busy. Last night though, there was a wee break. Seeing wasn't great, high level clouds I fear, and I need to work on some settings.

However, I did manage to get a couple videos of Jupiter. First time I've managed to get my NEQ6 sort of tracking. Using Astrotortilla, and Backyard Eos with my 600D I managed to capture 1800 1/100s frames at 800 ISO. Stacked with Registax 6. Scope is a Skywatcher Explorer 130p-ds using a x2 Deluxe Skywatcher Barlow.

So here it is, my first Jupiter... And, in fact, apart from my picture of the moon from a few weeks ago when I had just got my scope set-up (using my old Sony A200) only my second picture from space.  Well, I did have a Jupiter with my old A200, but, to be honest, I REALLY didn't know what I was doing then, and it was a very simple single frame with zero processing.  Isn't really worthy of counting.

Jupiter%20080315%20ps_zpsya5szzyx.jpg

Archived