NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What is the main use for this scope?

http://www.altairastro.com/product.php?productid=16420&cat=268&page=1

Reading the blurb, it seems a deep sky imaging scope, yet it has a long focal length, if used for Lunar and Planet imaging it has a huge central obstruction, that should cause a loss of contrast, i am not knocking this scope as i like the idea of owning one, more curious as to its best use 

John uses one of these to great effect for DSO imaging.

Exactly! Some of the best images posted here.

The scope offers enough focal length to tackle the smaller targets.

Who's that lady who does great stuff with the 8 inch version, by the way?

:grin: lly

So much for getting back to just one 'scope eh Jules ...  :rolleyes:

Im still working on this Steve, i am nearly at the stage where i can sell a load of scopes to buy one lovely jubbly scope  :grin:

On a serious note i dont see "one" scope as being an option, 2 scopes is more like it and where i will end up, i have a couple of idea`s jusrt need to be really sure before parting with scopes to fund this

Are you mainly a focal imaging these days Jules, or still doing visual too?

Have you thought about an MN190? 7.5" supposed Apo type views. But chunky but might be worth looking at?

Stu, i do A-focal, dslr and hi res webcam, with an emphasis on more webcam imaging after i have moved to new house! not interested in deep sky mount for webcam imaging is the celestron SE (8SE) mount, i will be keeping a 4" frac, might not be the ones i have at present, and this gets used on skytee 2 for both visual and dslr, at a guess i will end up with just 150 mak and a frac 

A friend just round the corner is selling his 190 MN but its to heavy and not for me

Archived