Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Nice refractor

nightfisher

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

, but end of the day its just a 4" f10 achro, with a half decent lens and on the newer ones a nice crayford, its not a magical scope, it cant peer into the depths where other achro`s wont go,

Cor Jules you almost had me there I thought you were starting to waver with your Tal allegiance :grin:  :grin:

I can definitely understand your thoughts on the rotating focuser, it's either locked or not, and with a finder attached it does snap round to the lowest centre of gravity at a surprising pace.

I only ever got to compare my Altair against a 100mm celestron omni which was miserable in comparison... Just goes to say then the the TAL and kumning glass is very good I think..

Will keep watching with interest

Ta

Fozzie

I can definitely understand your thoughts on the rotating focuser, it's either locked or not, and with a finder attached it does snap round to the lowest centre of gravity at a surprising pace.

I only ever got to compare my Altair against a 100mm celestron omni which was miserable in comparison... Just goes to say then the the TAL and kumning glass is very good I think..

Will keep watching with interest

Ta

Fozzie

Yes Fozzie, the blumming focuser is nice but a pain, i now feel that a Tal100rs early version with purple glass coating WILL beat this scope optically. I want this starwave to be a keeper, but if i had to make a choice right now i think i would stick with a white Russian, another good option would be to sell both achro`s and get a 100ED

Archived