Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC443 Ha - my first NB

strutsinaction

Hi

This is my first ever attempt at narrowband. I hope to add either RGB or OIII/SII later. My Ha flats looked a little strange (some banding, see thread I started in Discussion - Cameras) but the lights seem to have calibrated ok.

Details:

20x600s 5nm Astrodon Ha, 20 flats, 50 bias

Captured with SGPro

Processed with PI and PSE11

Avalon/QSI690/FSQ85

Regards

John

post-1421-0-50087400-1424807999_thumb.jp

Nice shot. I have similar strange looking flats on my Ha filter but it doesn't seem to affect the final stack.

Did you use DBE in PI to get a more even background?

No DBE applied at all. To be honest I just wanted see if the 'weird' flats issue I reported in another thread had any effect on the final calibrated image, so I only applied histogram stretch, curves, noise reduction and a little USM. I agree it could do with some DBE and would certainly try this before combining with RGB or OIII/SII.

Interesting that you too have strange looking flats! I wonder what is causing the banding? Maybe I worry too much  :smiley:

Regards

John

Archived