NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Pentax PCF bino "clearance" prices at FLO

Alfian

I've  had  Pentax 10x50  PCW II's on my list since the start, but last Year I purchased the Helios NaturSport 8x40 from FLOs Summer sale, very good optically for my eyes and a terrific price at the time. They appear to me  to perform better (sharper/brighter)than my much older Bresser 7x50s?  The Helios 8x40s  are still £50 lighter than the  price of the Pentax 8x40s  if you don't need WP?

As for the higher powered bins,  I don't  get to see any  planetary surface detail (except on the Moon) although I want to be able to see  at least,  Jupiter's detail with my 15x70 binoculars.  Even tripod mounted,  my 15x70s don't show me any surface detail,  so  my preference now is not to want anything larger than 50mm objectives, for astronomy,  choosing  instead, low powered, wide-fields just for simply scanning the constellations. My 15x70s work well during the day on their tripod, their primary use now.

That all said, if your still after a Pentax to complete your list, then the savings at FLO must be a bargain, so now's the time to buy.

Archived