Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Power supply for Meade LX600 ?

Hi Guys,

I have some questions regarding power supply station.

I have found one but not sure if it has enough power. The station is StarGuider with 7Ah.

My scope is Meade LX600 and I am going to use some dew equipment from AstroZap connected via controller.

It means, I will use the station for the scope and max 4 heating devices. Is this model of StarGuider enough ? Or should I go for more powerfull  StarGuider 17Ah ? 

Any other recommended brands ? What would be the best choice for my configuration ? 

I just want to avoid situation when the station is dead after one hour or something like this. If it can work for whole night it's  OK.

Can anybody give some suggestions/opinions ? 

Thanks in advance of your suppohrt.

Regards.

Take a look at this. It will run the scope - but you'll also need the Meade 607 cigarette-lighter power-adapter. The supply has enough juice to handle the scope and peripherals. I have one and was shocked (poor choice of words :grin: ) to see the size and capacity.

http://uk.telescope.com/Accessories/Power-Supplies-Cables/pc/1308/1381.uts

Orion ships out of Holland for orders from the UK. So likely the same to Poland.

Clear Skies & Lightning-Bolts,

Dave

Hi Dave,

thanks a lot for your comments and recommendation!

The device you've mentioned looks really good and what is more important it works as expected.!

There are many power tanks people are complaining so it is great to have your experiences .

I will try to order Dynamo Pro asap.

Thanks and clear nights,

Greg

Hi Michael,

thank you for your answer and suggestion.

I was thinking about original meade power tank. 

The problem is to order them. In general it takes ages to get any Meade's parts and/or equipment.

so that's why I started to look for other brand.  

Anyway, thanks and regards,  

Greg

Hi Starlight1,

thank you for your comment.

Yes, you are right. After some other posts (that I should read befor spamming ) regarding power supply I also realised 7Ah would be not enough for sure!

I will probably take 17 Ah (from Orion shop) recommended by Dave.

Regards,

Greg

You will need a connector which is a Meade only size, I tried everything here in a shop that sells only small electrical connections and stuff and drew a blank. The Meade lead and connection elbow is about 20 euros which is outrageous for what it is. As for the powertank, bigger is better especially if you are using dew bands.

Alan

Archived