Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Interesting to see the difference between clear and really clear sky

peroni

Hey all

I thought last night was clear. It certainly was at first but became a bit hazy/frosty later on. Tonight is better and looks set to continue, hopefully without the haze. So why this tread? Just a couple of 15 mins single images taken with an Ha filter. I thought it was quite interesting to see the difference in detail that the camera picked up on similar evenings.

Last nights...

post-15911-0-81819800-1424294905_thumb.p

And tonights...

post-15911-0-15327100-1424294954_thumb.p

Hi

I notice the changes in transparency a lot here in Glasgow. It's rarely truly clear but, yeah, some nights are better than others. I keep an eye on the Met forecast (fwiw!) and if it actually is 'clear' then it's clearer when the humidity values are lower - what you'd expect really :)

Louise

Hi

I notice the changes in transparency a lot here in Glasgow. It's rarely truly clear but, yeah, some nights are better than others. I keep an eye on the Met forecast (fwiw!) and if it actually is 'clear' then it's clearer when the humidity values are lower - what you'd expect really :)

Louise

I agree Louise. It's kinda obvious that when it's hazy or frosty then seeing (clearness) is impacted. I was certainly surprised with the extent of the impact as last night appeared not much less clear than tonight. The images however, show the full story.

Archived