NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Another pier thread.....

Shelster1973

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Orion showing very nicely to the south :)

Yeah. The westerly view is fairly good too. Reckon view is from 25 degrees up so should allow for some good targets

May even take a full panoramic pic to put into Stellarium so I can have better idea of viewing limitations

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Had a look this evening after the really bad rain here earlier and no puddles around the pier and only water that I could see was where it had just got generally wet.

May go for an outdoors paint on it if I can find one that will suit the scheme that has been planned.

Cleared up a bit tonight, but not enough to get set up.  But did grab a few shots with my camera just sat on the pier so that I can get an idea of views.

North

attachicon.gifDSC_2143.jpg

East

attachicon.gifDSC_2145.jpg

South

attachicon.gifDSC_2146.jpg

Did try and get a westerly but clouds have now rolled in

I did a panoramic shot from the top of my pier and made it into a custom background for Stellarium. There is a good tutorial here:

http://www.tanstaafl.co.uk/2011/02/creating-a-bespoke-landscape-for-stellarium/

It's great for working out what will be visible.

Once it stops raining here will have a go

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I found the most time consuming part was deleting the sky out as I have a very fiddly horizon with trees/shrubs/pergola/trellis etc. It took a few hours in Gimp.

Archived