Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The moon is spoiling my view

Hey, I'm an astronomy provider. If I didn't lose half the year to the moon I'd be a millionaire!! (Well, in old Italian Lire, maybe..  :grin: ) Mind you, I'd also be pretty tired and ceratinly divorced :eek:  so the moon has its virtues.

Olly

Hey, I'm an astronomy provider. If I didn't lose half the year to the moon I'd be a millionaire!! (Well, in old Italian Lire, maybe..  :grin: ) Mind you, I'd also be pretty tired and ceratinly divorced :eek:  so the moon has its virtues.

Olly

There is a certain amount of truth there. Full moon is a good excuse to do something non-astronomy, more family orientated.

Thanks all.

@Olly ... it's not all about the money ;)  Well maybe a little bit. I don't sit out there with my kit, I set it up and then run it remotely from the lounge via my laptop.

While the kiddies are watching in the night garden (pretty weird stuff really) and my wife is having a glass of red and reading a book.

@ Ronin ... did just that i have 49 x 5min subs of M45 ... I am hoping I can extract it from the whitewash, caused by the moon.  (Do have a astronomik LP filter)

@ Redmoo ... your clouds hit us at about 5am and it snowed ... had to rescue all my kit this morning in my PJ's ... At least the kids had fun in the snow.

@ Laser Jock ... I find processing to be the biggest hog of time, although I tend to do this while at "work" ;)

Right lets start stacking those subs and see if I got anything useful!

post-32740-0-90112900-1422716855_thumb.j

For those with sharp eyes, you may have noticed that the pattern in the image was the moon over M45 Pleiades.

Anyway my efforts did not amount to much, the moon really did destroy any kind of detail I could get out of it.

So I just messing around stacked some of the subs, stretched them and reapplied the moon.

Edit ... by the way size of the moon and the m45 are correct, fascinating how big some of these are.

Archived