Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Far Out Man... Is that a Crab or is it the trip?

PhotoGav

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too like both images, in their own way.  Two great images :)  I want an SCT now :D  Mind you I've often fancied one but funds are limited :(  Very limited, in fact!

Thanks Stuart, Paddy & Gina.

As for wanting an SCT... I don't know if I would buy one again. I do like the scope very much and it has a great focal length for its weight and size and the Edge has a beautiful flat field. However, the one big disappointment is that the image is a bit soft. These images certainly don't take any kind of magnification - the sharpness is obviously lacking. I'm just not sure what I would get instead! I do like the lack of diffraction spikes, which limits options. An RC is the probable alternative and accept the odd spike. The SCT is good for planetary stuff too, which is a little bonus activity for when there is too much moonlight about!

Archived