SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

T-Adaptors?

Muz

Hello,

This may be quite a basic question, but I am failing to understand exactly what I need in order to attach a camera to a telescope. The equipment in question is a Canon EOS 600D and a Skywatcher Explorer 200P. I understand that I need to buy a brand specific T-Ring fans attach it to the camera as I would a lens. However, why about the T-Adapter? Does this have to be brand specific to Skywatcher or Canon?

Thanks

The T-ring is the only part that should be brand specific. However, to that T-ring you need to add a 2" nose piece which will have an outer diameter thread that will fit into the Canon/Nikon T-ring. The nose piece then goes directly into the focuser.

Cheers,

Brym

Hello,

This may be quite a basic question, but I am failing to understand exactly what I need in order to attach a camera to a telescope. The equipment in question is a Canon EOS 600D and a Skywatcher Explorer 200P. I understand that I need to buy a brand specific T-Ring fans attach it to the camera as I would a lens. However, why about the T-Adapter? Does this have to be brand specific to Skywatcher or Canon?

Thanks

You need a Canon bayonet T2 adapter. This adapter attaches to your camera instead of a lens. You then have the option of either screwing the front of the adapter to the male T thread of the EP holder or use a 2" T nosepiece .http://www.firstlightoptics.com/adaptors/t-rings.html. Don't be stingy when you purchase the t adapter as not all are created or machined equal.

Regards,

A.G

It appears the image didn't attach. However, yes, I am able to attach the LP filter to the part of the structure where the lens used to be. Although, sadly, there is no image to illustrate this, the part of the Barlow lens where eyepieces are inserted has a thread around the outer rim. Would this be the one for the T-Ring?

It appears the image didn't attach. However, yes, I am able to attach the LP filter to the part of the structure where the lens used to be. Although, sadly, there is no image to illustrate this, the part of the Barlow lens where eyepieces are inserted has a thread around the outer rim. Would this be the one for the T-Ring?

Yup. Best thing to do is give it a try. Don't force anything, but you can learn a lot by messing around with fittings etc. 

You need a Canon specific T-Ring for the EOS 600D. The T-Adaptor is supplied with the telescope? have a look at the 1.25" adaptor, the component unscrews into two parts, one is the adaptor. The T-Ring/T-adaptor provides the connection between the DSLR-Telescope. My Nikon doesn't work with out a lens fitted, but if I set the camera to MANUAL, it works. The Canon is probably the same.

After fitting the DSLR, you may need the use of extension tubes in order to get the image in focus, also, somewhere along the length of the adaptor/extensions, you should be able to screw in your light pollution filter. 

keep at it, you will eventually find the solution that works best. I found some good advice from the book, Making Every Photon Count http://www.firstlightoptics.com/books/making-every-photon-count-steve-richards.html

I have the same Canon and scope, but my scope's an old one. They have different fittings now, I think. I don't have any problems reaching focus. I unscrew the 1.25" EP holder from the flanged part that attaches to the focuser tube, then screw the T-ring to the male thread in the flanged part, then attach camera to the t-ring. Then I re-attached the flanged part to the focuser tube. But you might not have the same sort of flanged part. I don't know.

Alexxx

Archived