Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

January 21, 2015: Clear spell and Lovejoy once more spotted

The best possible birthday gift is of course a clear sky, and after some disappointingly hazy views of the sun in H-alpha this afternoon, I was pleasantly surprised by a decent, if still a bit hazy sky. I got out the 15x70 bins and picked up Lovejoy west of the Pleiades. The tail was really a lot easier than before (still averted vision). I got out the APM 80 F/6 with the 31T5, for a better view. The comet looked even better. Upping the magnification to 22x the tail could be seen best. I then had a quick look at M42 and M35.

Nice session. The forecast for tomorrow is even better, so I hope to be able to do some imaging.

Happy Birthday 2014?  The clear skies forecast for tonight have slipped by about 3 hours compared to the forecast yesterday  so will have to decide if I am going to hang about for them or not... If it was a Friday then there would be no problem...

I could just grab the data I suppose and avoid the frustrating few hours with DSS trying to process it ...

Peter...

Happy Birthday 2014?  The clear skies forecast for tonight have slipped by about 3 hours compared to the forecast yesterday  so will have to decide if I am going to hang about for them or not... If it was a Friday then there would be no problem...

I could just grab the data I suppose and avoid the frustrating few hours with DSS trying to process it ...

Peter...

2014? ;)

Archived